Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Best News

On Monday afternoon my many prayers were answered. I told my boss I was resigning to stay home with my kids. He graciously wished me well and commended me on my decision. (No not at all, it was a lot less graceful than that and if I see you in person I will tell you the story but for the sake of the blog I will leave it at that.)
God said yes to my many requests to stay at home to be with my babies. I know that being a stay at home Mom is not so glamorous and it's definitely not everyone's wish. But it's mine and God said yes. I will not take it for granted. Every runny nose that I get to wipe, every spill that I clean up, every wet sloppy kiss that I receive,every tantrum that will happen,I will be there. 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. And it is such a priviledge. I use to day dream about the life of a stay at home Mom. And now I am living it. I feel so blessed. But I will not forget. I will not forget what it feels like emotionally and physically to be a working Mom. I think that is a memory that will stick with me for a very long time. I will continue to pray for working Moms.
To tell the truth I really don't know how long this will last. God has given me the opportunity to stay home 3 different times since Kate was born and all 3 times it has not worked out for one reason or the other. Hopefully this time it will. But I am very concious of the fact that it could go away tomorrow. For now I will get in as many kisses and hugs as I can. Have to run now because I hear Carson. He's sick right now. But my heart is overflowing with gratitude because I get to be the one that holds him when he's not feeling well. Thank you God for this gift.

5 comments:

tara said...

So excited for you!!

Carolyn said...

Oh - you are so right - for sure not always glamorous - but it has many more moments of goodness than of insanity (usually - ha!).

Happy for this answered prayer for you. When we get settled and get a phone line I am thrilled to be able to talk to you during the day now...let's talk more often, okay?!?

Uncle Burke is here helping us move. We have had lots of fun - what a great guy he is! Laughed so hard tonight at your two brothers I made myself stop for fear of induced labor!

Apartment life is going to be an...adjustment. I am in full fledge mode of downsizing and altho it is hard, I am proud of myself for forcing to part with things - being the pack rat I am!

Hope to be done by the weekend and then setting up in the new place.

Love you and miss you,
Care

Chesley said...

I am thrilled for you!

I have read many posts you have written since having Kate and I have felt sad for you because I could tell you wanted to stay home.
I really hope it works out this time for you.
It is hard but so wonderful too!

MJT said...

Enjoy the "at home Mommy" time no matter how long or short it may be, because all too quickly your children will transform you from Mommy to the Mom of adult children. Only yesterday your were one of the tribe of children in my world. Thanks for giving me so many precious memories! Love ya, "Miss Mary Joy"

Randi Freeby said...

Yay!!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6