Saturday, August 29, 2009

Home



My first couple of days at home with my babies have been the some of the best of my life. They weren't perfect and nothing went the way I had planned but I loved every second. I had someone tell me that I would get bored staying home, that I would regret my choice.Oh really? Do you think I regretted seeing Kate comfort Carson this week by putting her arm around him and patting his shoulder? Do you think that for one second I was bored when Kate was playing with her toys next to me and reached her little hand over to put it on my knee just to make sure I was there? No boredom here and definitely no regrets. You know what I learned this week? My worst day at home beats my best day at work by a long shot. Nothing I could accomplish at work could match what happens when my babies are both right next to me playing.Thank you God! My heart is so full of gratitude to Him because He made this all possible. In about a week Kate will go to Mother's Day Out at our church to get her much needed social time and I will keep Carson with me. My sweet little boy who has been in daycare for the better part of his life will finally get his Mommy all to himself for a couple of days a week. I plan to study him, to get to know him, and to kiss and hug him as much as I want.My prayer used to be "God, please make a way for me to stay home with my babies." Now my prayer is constantly (said with a huge lump in my throat) "Oh God, Please keep me here!"

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6